Monday 18 December 2017

Birthday and christmas all rolled into one

First up today I have the card I made for Neil for his birthday

I have seen this combination of aqua and deep red all over pinterest and on many a cardmaking blog, I love the contrast, so decided to try it out for Neil's card this year. He loved it too, so it was a successful experiment



We celebrated the occasion at The Rashleigh in Charlestown ( where Rob works ) and enjoyed a beautiful meal, there were plenty of gluten free options for AJ which was a bonus and Rob was happy to be back drinking the local beer. He has come to the conclusion that it is hard to find a decent pint back up country ( this is what happens when you educate a drinker and have access to a wonderful array of local brews)

Up next I have Neil's christmas card from me. I made four of this design in total, for special people, all the same but ever so slightly different


Every year I attempt to make 'flatter' more mail friendly creations but I just can't help adding all the little bits and bobs. So I gave up on the clean and simple style and decided to hand deliver most of them ( they took up half my travel bag when I delivered the 'northern' cards last week )


Well, that's it for today. Roasting aromas are wafting in from the kitchen as I type this post, tempting and tickling my tastebuds. I wonder if anyone will notice if I purloin a potato. It is time to put the finishing touches to our dinner so I will bid you good evening and will return tomorrow with some more christmas cards

Love and sparkles

Tracey
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, v clever use of a punch (Im guessing) for the gables. So many intricate details, I love it

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by, if you care to leave a comment, that would be appreciated too xxx