Monday 18 December 2017

Batch baking

I like all of the cards that I create to be slightly different, unique

At christmas time when there is a call for many more cards than in any other month of the year,  I find it much easier, and speedier too,  to mass produce

Therefore, I sketch out several designs and then create little groups of those designs, slightly altering the embellishments, the colours or the positioning of the main elements

I call this my batch baked christmas cards 

Here is one of my 'batches' - I made five of this particular
design


I used a variation of dies from all the main companies

The stunning silver glitter card is from Stampin' Up



As the design only required small pieces of patterned paper, I was able to use many of my scraps up and still get a lovely detailed layered look



I also seem to have amassed lots of die-cut sentiments. I usually prefer to stamp all the greetings,  but, when I looked through them it seemed a shame to just store them away (hoard !) for another year, so I made an extra effort to find homes for them this year


In other news :

It was my last day at 'work' this morning and as Christmas and New Year falls on mondays I won't be back for another three weeks

I will really miss my monday mornings at the the shop, we always have lots to talk about and generally end up in fits of giggles at some point or other

I made all the girls on my shift a little christmas wall hanging this year, so I will be back tomorrow to share photos of those 

Until then

Love and batch baking

Tracey
xxx


1 comment:

  1. excellent idea, I may have to nick it for next year. Great batch, especially mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by, if you care to leave a comment, that would be appreciated too xxx