Thursday 7 September 2017

Still here


Hellooooooooo

We are still here, although you would be forgiven for thinking we had fallen off the planet

FIVE months on from my last post, much has happened and not much has happened if you know what I mean

In a nutshell

*      We have been up country to visit family
*       Friends and family have been here to visit us (Mum and Dad, Tony and Carol, Kev and Jackie)
*      We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary
*      Amy and Robbie finished uni
*      All three 'children' are now working
*      Amy has had a tonsillectomy
*      Robbie is learning to drive and has his first car

Some of these events will be blogged in more detail later. I have just finished editing all the photos from the last five months, 700 photos, two hours and three coffees later I have decided there is far too much to wade through in one blog post

And in other news

We had an unexpected little windfall, so bought ourselves this fab little campervan, we have been away in it a couple of times already and are planning our first trip away with the dogs soon

The dogs have had a wonderful time in the woods, on walks and especially on the beach

We have had some gorgeous days out, exploring our stunning county, sometimes just the two of us, sometimes with friends or family and often with the dogs

I gave up trying to cover the grey and have been gradually adding more and more highlights, I am really happy with the results and my hairdresser is fantastic, Paige has the patience of a saint with my stubborn hair



We have also had some amazing days/nights out, we have enjoyed some fantastic gigs this year, local and further afield, found a couple of new festivals, added a few new bands to our playlists and generally broadened our horizons musically ( much more to come on that in future posts )


And yes, I have still been doing a little crafting, much much less than I used to. I toyed with the idea of giving it up and freeing some space by getting rid of all my craft clutter  stuff, but the feeling didn't last long. 

It may take me a little longer to actually get started, but once I have all my pretties out on the table, I remember just how therapeutic it is to have a craft and play session

This is my most recent creation, a card for my lovely friend Sue


I know this is a bit of a 'mixed bag', but you know what it is like to have so much to catch up on that it is difficult to know where to start

A very sensible person once said "just start", once you get going, the fear of the blank page disappears and the rest is much easier, how true this is. Now I have a million ideas running through my head and rather a lot of photos on my hard drive, no excuses then !

Back soon

I promise

xxx



3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having an amazing time. Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear what your doing...been a long time best wishesxxx Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fab you're back. Sounds like you've been having a brilliant time. Looking forward to the updates. be warned - we've been doing Christmas at the club, so the Christmas challenge is back on!!!
    Jxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by, if you care to leave a comment, that would be appreciated too xxx