Sunday 6 March 2016

7 On Sunday

Happy Mother's Day

Especially to my wonderful mum, words could not express how much I love my mum, how much she inspires me every single day

You often hear people say "oh good grief I am getting like my mother", and they make it sound like a negative thing, but in truth, if I turn out like my mum then I will be very happy. I honestly can't think of anyone I would rather be like - love you mum xxx

I will be sharing the cards I made for my mum and Neil's mum later in the week

And a roundup of this weeks shenanigans


1. The bedroom, I have finally finished painting. It shouldn't have taken so long but I kept getting sidetracked, the call of the beach has been strong this last couple of weeks, sunshine and dry days are not , in my opinion, days that should be wasted indoors painting. 

2. The wall behind the bed in the first photo is Farrow and Ball's Charleston Grey and the remaining three walls are in the lighter shade of Elephants Breath, also by Farrow and Ball. I cannot recommend this paint highly enough, best stuff I have ever used and I will not be using any other brand in the future - stunning colours, fantastic pigment, an absolute breeze to paint with and tough, wipes down lovely. We still have some finishing touches to add, I need some artwork for the walls and some decorative elements, but for now we are really happy with the warmth the new colours have added to the room.

3. My little collection of beach finds is growing. I try to bring home something from every beach visit, driftwood, small pieces of slate, interesting stones and sea glass, as well as pretty shells. I am not just hoarding  - I do have various little crafty projects in mind for all my treasures.

4. This week, the sunnier days have all been whiled away at Crinnis Beach, we have enjoyed some beautiful mornings, this photo was taken on Thursday and it was warm enough to shed our coats.
Bruce will happily play with his ball in the surf all day but Molly likes to investigate all the little rocky areas, she loves climbing, clambering over boulders in search of hidden gems.

5. I have finally found my crafting mojo. I made a card for a special friend last week and then of course Mothers day cards early this week. I have even finished a scrapbook page, something I have not done for well over 2 years - and it feels good, I think I have the scrapbooking bug back as I am already planning at least two more pages in my head.

6. My knitted squares are coming along slowly, it will be a little while before my first blanket is finished but I am enjoying doing them

7. And last but not least, with the painting in our bedroom complete, the decorating tools have been shifted into Amy's room which is the one I want to do next, hoping to get it started this week and finished before she comes home for the Easter holidays.

Love and happy crafty days

Tracey
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, if you care to leave a comment, that would be appreciated too xxx